-145 € (euros) including breakfast, lunch and dinner – per person per night
-125 € (euros) including breakfast, lunch and dinner – per person per night.
also, possibility of cottage accommodation, the cottages can
accommodate up to four people (2 x double room) = 460 € per day per cottage (inc. breakfast, lunch and dinner)
A suffle bus runs regularly between the accommodations and the competition venue.
Timetable for bus from hotels
Arrival by plane
Daily flights between Rovaniemi and Helsinki are operated by Finnair throughout the year.
For winter and spring 2021-2022, the following direct flight connections to Rovaniemi have been established:
- London (Gatwick) – Rovaniemi with easyJet
– Operated between 17th November 2021 and 23rd March 2022 on Wednesdays and Sundays
For detailed information about Rovaniemi Airport, please see here.
Arrival by train
Finnish railroads are operated by state company VR.
Rovaniemi is easy to reach by rail from many Finnish towns, with several trains running to and from Helsinki every day. Trains run year round, despite harsh weather at times.
Arrival by bus
The coach services by Matkahuolto cover a great deal of Finland’s road network.
They’re not only an option for reaching Rovaniemi from the south, but also the only means of public transport that connect the town with the northern parts of Lapland.
Another coach company, Onnibus, offers services in most of Finland, Rovaniemi being one of their northernmost stops.
Rovaniemi is easy to get to by car from all directions.
If you plan on travelling around Lapland by car, be sure to allocate enough time for the long distances and changing weather conditions, particularly in the winter.
Up-to-date information on road conditions is published by the Finnish Transport Agency.
Check here important facts about driving in Finland.
- Wash your hands with soap (20 s) regularly and always before and after training.
- Use a hand sanitizer when you cannot wash your hands.
- Cough and sneeze in your upper arm.
- If you need to mow or spit, do it with a disposable handkerchief and wash your hands.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth unless you have just washed your hands.
- Disinfect the surfaces of your mobile device regularly.
- Use only your own towels and drinking bottles and favor your own training equipment.
- Avoid getting sick. If necessary, change the seat when traveling.
- Use a face mask on air travel.
- The face mask can be used in large crowds where it is not possible to avoid close contact.
(Finnish Olympic Committee 2020).